Monday, July 13, 2015

Back to Berkview Lane



Yesterday, we spent the day with the Newbury Park McKays. We visited their church, The Bridge, and enjoyed their service. Afterwards we went to lunch at the Side Street CafĂ©. I ordered chicken and waffles which were delicious. We then headed back to their house. My cousin Alex introduced us to a game based on the show Firefly. I’ve never been a fan of the show unlike my Mom or brothers, but the game was pretty fun. I thought I was making some headway in the game, but my cousin Ian won the game, despite our attempts to delay his victory. We had been talking about the Maze Runner series and Ian suggested we watch the movie he’d bought. The movie was pretty good, but I felt the plot was too rushed. It was around seven, so we packed up our stuff and said our goodbyes to the Newbury Park McKays.

The drive home was only a three hour trip with little traffic. We finished the last book in the Maze Runner trilogy and I enjoyed the story, but was disappointed with the fate of some of my favorite characters. Around 10 pm, we pulled up to our driveway, tired but satisfied with the memories we’d made on this road trip. I look back on all the places we went and people we spent time with these past twelve days and wouldn’t want to change any part of it (well accept being detained by the U.S. at the Canadian border). Thanks for all who read my blog posts and hopefully you enjoyed reading about our road trip as much as I did writing about it. Until the next road trip, enjoy your life and stuff.

One of my favorite pictures from the trip...you know because there's a random family in the background
To read a different perspective of today's events, read my Mom's blog here  or my brother Joe's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment