Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Road Trip 5.0

That time of the year has come again. Time to embark on another road trip. Mom's Honda Fit will be departing our home in Spring Valley today to explore new destinations in the next twelve days.

Summer road trips have become a tradition in my family. This will be the fifth one we've done. The first one began in 2011 when Mom decided we would drive, instead of fly, to meet family in Mississippi and figured making it a road trip would be even more fun. After enjoying the trip so much, we decided another one was in order. The next year we visited San Francisco for a few days. The third year we visited my Aunt Karen and family in Nebraska . Last year, we traveled to Yosemite National Park. On every trip, we made several stops to visit other national parks, museums, friends, family, and any other destination that interested my mother. This year we will be visiting some national parks, including Yellowstone, catching up with friends, and stopping at few other places along the way.

The family on our first road trip
On the Gold Gate Bridge during the second road trip

Tubing on the lake in Nebraska on the third road trip

The view of Half Dome Rock from Glacier Point at Yosemite during the fourth road trip
This year my Mom, Joe, and myself will be going on the road trip. This is the road trip that almost didn't happen. Before the summer began, I wasn't sure if I'd be home because of my job on campus. I thought I may have had to work the summer which would have meant I couldn't have gone on the road trip. Joe was unsure if he could receive enough time off from work to go. Zach had just started working his job and definitely wasn't going to able to take enough time off to go either. Fortunately, I didn't have to work during the summer and Joe was able to get enough time off for most of the road trip. Sadly Zach is the only one who will be left behind.

Today, we leave for Las Vegas, one of my "favorite" cities, as rest stop for the night and we'll head to Salt Lake City the next day to explore and pick up Joe who will be arriving there at night via plane.

You can also follow my Mom's blog at: http://andallthatjusttosay.blogspot.com/ as she will be writing each day of the trip too.

P.S. If you are looking for any past posts I wrote about previous road trips, you won't find them. I deleted my gmail account on suspicion of it being hacked and failed to realized my original blog was connected to it. So all my previous posts were deleted along with my account. You can still read about them on my mom's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment