Wednesday, July 5, 2023

In My Element & The Golden Mickeys

 

After a late night, it was nice to sleep in this morning as it’s a day at sea with no excursions. After a plentiful breakfast, we did some different trivia activities. The first one was basic movie trivia. I think I knew maybe half of the twenty questions, but it was good time had by all. Next, Joe and I went to theme park trivia which was more in my element. I scored 16/20 and was pretty proud of myself. Kudos to Joe who beat my score, getting 17/20. My respect and congratulations to the two groups who got all the questions right. 


After trivia, Joe went to watch the live action Little Mermaid in one of the ship’s theaters. I decided to try my luck at another trivia game called Spirits & Spirits. The host would recite a random trivia fact and the contestants would decide if it was true or false by walking to one side of the room or the other. Those who were incorrect were eliminated from the round and the game played until only one person was left. Trivia ranged from American states with the letter Q in them to was Ronald Reagan a fitness instructor? I played three rounds, but the closest I came to winning was when it was down to about eight people in the second round. I guess trivia is not my strong suit, but I just really want to win one of those nifty Mickey Medals.

I headed up to the top deck to watch the 4th of July Celebration featuring Mickey and Friends. It was a delightful dance party with dance offs between Chip and Dale and lots of audience interaction. If you were watching the jumbo screen above the stage, you may have even seen me in a few of the shots busting a move or two. I met up with Mom to watch Disney Pixar’s Elemental in the Walt Disney Theatre. It was sweet film with some comedic moments. After the movie, we went up to the top deck to see the Disney Wonder sail through the Inner Passage, a stretch surrounded by forested terrain on both sides. Before we walked up, we saw Joe and decided to eat from the grab and go stations. It was an understatement to say it was windy on the top deck. It was hard to walk up to the bow (or forward) of the ship and I was slightly nervous my phone was going to blow away as I tried to take a picture. Once I got a photo, we headed back into the ship to relax and write some blog posts.




 At 6:00 PM we attended the Golden Mickeys, a Broadway-style show inspired by the Oscars, except far more entertaining. It was a wonderful performance of various scenes from classic Disney films including Snow White, Tarzan, Lion King, and more. There were acrobatics, songs, as well as a hilarious stage manager turned substitute host. I enjoyed the show and reminded me of the shows they do at DisneyLand. Afterwards, we headed to dinner at Animator’s Palate. I loved the atmosphere here. Along the walls were canvases with sketches of Disney characters. They would slowly be drawn, and it was a delight to try and guess which character it was before the sketch finished. As dinner continued, the sketches became more detailed and by the end, color was added, then the sketches became animated. As dinner was ending, the canvases showed classic Disney scenes and Mickey came out as the theme from Fantasmic played. Overall, dinner tonight was incredible. Oh, and the food was pretty good too.



 

To end the night, we attended Disney Tunes Trivia. I didn’t think I spend so much time going to trivia events during the cruise, but I’m really enjoying them. I think I knew about 3/4 of the songs that were played during the event. There was one song from Bambi that I think only one team may have guessed correctly. To be fair, I’ve only seen the movie once or twice, but I would have never guessed it correctly even if I’d seen it ten times. I didn’t win this time, but there’s always tomorrow. Tomorrow, our ship passes by a glacier, and I hear it’s a pretty chill place.

If you'd like to read the day's events from my mom's perspective, you can read her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment