Tuesday, July 18, 2023

A Wondrous Time

 Our last morning on the Disney Wonder was bittersweet. After a fun-filled, memorable week of Disney at sea, it was hard to say goodbye to an experience like that. We were up and ready to head to our last breakfast on the ship at 8:00 AM. We ate breakfast at Tiana's with french toast as the final meal. We said farewell to our waiters, Anthony and Galang, once again and headed to the atrium. Mom had an earlier flight than Joe and me because she was headed to a conference for work. So she disembarked the ship while Joe and I waited for our group to be called so we could grab our luggage. We were called around 10:00 or 10:30 AM and officially said goodbye to the Disney Wonder as walked down the gang plank into Vancouver. 

 



We ordered an uber and headed to the airport for our flight back to San Diego. After checking in our luggage, going through security, and customs, we were surprised to find Mom still at the airport. She tells the full story on her blog, so I won't repeat it here. All I can say, is I'm glad I don't have travel curse she seems to possess. We flew on Air Canada and despite sitting next to a gentleman who was oblivious to personal space on an airplane, the flight was smooth and uneventful. We landed in San Diego with no problems and Dad graciously picked us up. Besides being exhausted from the twelve day adventure (I slept for 11 hours that night), I thought back to all the highlights of the trip. 



My Favorite Activity in Vancouver: Capilano Suspension Bridge. It was fun to walk across such a long bridge and the views were stunning. Also getting to walk across smaller bridges on the trees was pretty cool too. 


My Favorite Activity on the Disney Wonder: Disney Trivia. I was honestly surprised how much I enjoyed doing trivia. I think a big part of it was the crew members were so engaging and funny. Also, it was fun to see my Disney knowledge compete against others who loved Disney as much (or even more) as I did.


My Favorite Excursion in Alaska: Skagway's White Pass & Yukon Historical Train Route. This tour experience was so immersive. With Max Glacier being our energetic guide and the fascinating stories of Soapy Smith, how could this not be my favorite tour of the trip?


Favorite Food I ate: French Toast at the Cabanas buffet. Hey, I said beforehand that I'm not an elegant eater. Just give me my favorite breakfast food and I'm satisfied. Also, the chicken tenders and burgers from the grab n go station were pretty delicious too.

Favorite Family Moments: Eating dinner together every night. It was lovely to share a meal each nice in fabulously themed restaurants. While we did a lot activities together, there were always days where we'd split up to do different things. So it was nice to catch up every night at our table. 



All in all, this vacation was extraordinary. Vancouver is a great city, but unsurprisingly the star of the trip is the Disney Wonder. There was so much fun to be had on this ship. Games, shows, food, I could go on and on. But it wasn't just the wealth of fun on the Disney Wonder, it was that everything seemed to go the extra mile. It wasn't just trivia. It was Disney trivia with a hilarious host. It wasn't just a show. It was Disney show that praised there most iconic moments. It wasn't just a fancy dinner. It was a fancy dinner in a restaurant in which your own artistic creations were brought to life. Every crew member was friendly and just seemed to enjoy what they did. Our room host, Ebit, always greeted us and asked about our day. Plus he kept our room spotless every second we were on the ship. It was a delightful week spent on the magical ship and all credit to the incredible crew members who strive to make every guest's day magical. Thanks Mom for letting me come and paying a lot of money for the trip.

If I had to describe the trip with one word it'd be Wondrous.

If you'd like to read the trip's events from my Mom's perspective, you can read her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment